The highest winter sports area in the Alps surrounded by exclusive Matterhorn restaurants!
Matterhorn, also known as Cervino in Italian, is a 4,478 meters high mountain, which separates Switzerland from Italy. Matterhorn is known to be the birthplace of climbing and is famous for being the world’s most iconic mountain! Everyone who visit it, seem to designate a special place on the memory shelf for this perfectly pyramid-shaped image. Is there any wonder it’s the most photographed mountain ever? Matterhorn is not only a perfect gateway to world’s most leading pistes offering 360 km of slopes, but also great for holiday, gathering the best Matterhorn restaurants and bars in the area. Today we’re here to break down which are the best Matterhorn restaurants and recommend the finest places to visit when taking off to your long-awaited Matterhorn holiday break!
Who wouldn’t like a traditional Italian-style dining?
A wide range of Matterhorn restaurants is waiting to welcome all who truly have a moment to enjoy the breathtaking alpine scenery. Here are some of our favourite Matterhorn restaurants from Italian gourmet side of the mountain, suitable for all tastes:
- Hidden in the mountains as a real treasure to be found, you’ll spot Chalet Etoile! Not only this place has a splendid regional Italian menu including fish and meat, but it also puts up a great view of the Matterhorn! People sure seem to love this place;
- In the middle of the slopes you’ll find Igloo Restaurant, which is a mid-priced Matterhorn restaurant serving Italian cuisine and barbecue. A cozy log building with an open fire and great quality of service;
- Lastly, located in the heart of Cervinia, Sotto Zero will captivate you with its greatly topped massive pizzas! It’s one of the ultimate Matterhorn restaurants with authentic Italian atmosphere and perfect dining experience!
After a nice, Italian-style meal, it would be a shame to end the night before a delicious drink or two! For that reason, here are some highlights from the Matterhorn nightlife!
Best places for the Matterhorn nightlife where to chill-out and more:
- Hunting a nice place for cocktails? Ymeletrob Bar is perfect for chill-out drinks with some good music in the background;
- Though, when the skis are off, La Copa Pan is where all the skiers gather to discuss their adventures from the pistes! The Great après-ski vibe and the superb happy hour from 4-5pm;
- Whereas Yeti Bar is for those who prefer staying close to sports while being on Matterhorn holiday break! This is a great sports bar at an affordable price!
A shout-out to all who’s in favor of The Matterhorn!
Matterhorn ski paradise surely does seem to go that extra mile and make the experience unforgettable. Doesn’t matter whether you’re a guest or a local, you cannot get enough of The Matterhorn. Appreciate this mighty symbol of the mountains by throwing in some off-the-slope activities. Eat up in traditional dining facilities or get high on the dancefloor! Doesn’t that sound like one hell of a trip to you?
Still not convinced if Matterhorn is the best for après-ski? To help you decide, click here for more facts about Breuil-Cervinia and gain valuable information on airport ski transfers to Cervinia Matterhorn Ski Paradise.